View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 10:05 AM
8-infinite-8

[quote=Glorymist]
But once again - - ego is NOT - - "thoughts that you don't want to think." Ego - - is preference. Choice. Opinion. That you what something THIS way or you want it to all happen THAT way or THIS is right and THAT is wrong. Ego is preference as based on survival. In this case - - survival of the old beliefs. The mental patterns we have accepted via which to view and understand Life.
VERY FEW people have control over their thoughts. Maybe for a moment or two - - but overall - - the inner mental chatter is incessant. Which - - is the allure of wanting the mental Silence - - and loving it when it comes - - and feeling the "bliss" of it all when it does. But very few people have control over their thoughts - - and wouldn't know how to go about it if they wanted to. So - - they opt for the silence. Which - - is a major prliminary step for later development.
QUOTE]

I would call it necessity rather than courage but I'l take the compliment anyway , I apreciate your input into the worlds growth in consciousness also Glorymist.

In reguards to the ego not being "thoughts you don't want to think", I dont think i explained my perspective very clearly.
When you get to a point in your spiritual journey as you probably know, you come to a point where you don't want to be egotistical, or, outstanding anymore, & you become more aware of the thoughts in your head, that simply are not your "opinion".
So if you are aware of these thoughts at the same time as dis-identifying from them, you then reduce the power these thoughts can have over you.
So from that state of conscious awareness of your thoughts, I think that any thoughts you don't want to think are ultimately a result of the ego (false self) in my experience any ways.

Time for pizza now