View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
What I'm having trouble with is how you reconcile the failure in Mr Hicks' logic. It's another of his weird utterances.

You are not your situation.
Your situation is you.

If your situation is you, then you are your situation.
If your situation is not you, then you can't be your situation.

How does that work?

Like, I mean, I'm wearing a white t-shirt. But the t-shirt I'm wearing isn't white?

That quote in my sig is something I wrote. I'm not aware that anyone spoke those words before me if that's the case please let me know I don't want to take credit for something I may have stored subconsciously and reinvented thoughtlessly.

You're are not a result of your situation.
Your situation is a result of you.
change you to change your situation.

I wrote that quote specifically like that because I see a lot of people in my life who think they are what happens to them. They are their past experiences. Yes those things did help create you but you unknowingly caused those things by way of thought. So by stating that you are not the sum of your situation and your situation is a sum of you I'm directing the mind to see that by being in a better more positive state your life will reflect that.

Our reality is nothing but a mirror to our inner self. If your reality is bleak then so is your inner feelings your inner state. Your inner thoughts. Change your inner state by way of thoughts and feelings by way of actions. Hold yourself fully responsible for what you think say and do and make them all align with what you want and the universe will give you that no questions asked.