View Single Post
Old 26-06-2018, 03:03 AM
Knower
Hi Tomma, thanks for taking the time out to share your thoughts about this. It's appreciated! Always gives me a new view and insight into my dream.

Quote:
Michelle's dream interpretations are always awesome and so right!
Definately! It blows me away every time, and I still wonder just how she does it. No doubt she's helped oodles of other people understand their dreams, too.

>Did your dad in real life teach you to act a certain way when it comes to expressing emotions or being confronted by other people's emotions?
Oddly enough, not really. I learned that from my mother. Passive aggressive, then when I'd hit my breaking point and go 'No more!', I'd be made to feel like my upset / anger / any emotion that wasn't calm, was seen as bad or something. It's taken me til I got into my mid 30's before I realized I needed to unlearn that.We've got emotions for a reason and feel them all. The tricky part few parents teach their kids is how to be allowed to express them in a healthy way. I know my parents and even older siblings never taught me that.
As for being confronted by other people's emotions, I tend to avoid conflict. Peace-maker by nature. And when I get into a disagreement with someone else,it being clear the other party has no interest in listening to my side, I simply go silent and disengage. No sense having a voice if the other person is wholly unwilling to listen.
As for my father, he says what's on his mind, states it clear and right away. Passive agressive he is not.

As for the signifiance of the quarter, you'd think something from my childhood would stand out involving that, but about the most I can offer on that is me getting a quarter, or quarters and dimes, to buy stuff from a vending machine or capsule vending machine (you know, stick a coin or two in, turn the lever, get a toy or some candy), which is something I did many times as a kid and teen, but not often did I get it from my father.

That's a very perceptive view you have with the camera, and makes total sense in the way you described it.
lol See? This is why I ask about my dreams here. I have trouble making that 'see beyond the physical to look at the symbolic meaning behind it' connection. (So glad other people are better skilled and gifted with this. <3)

You're right about the possible pattern when it comes to something small making a bit emotional reaction. (Heck of a way of showing it dream-wise.) Reassuring to hear I'm not the only person who struggles with it. But, when we can see the pattern to it (lol not including being directly shown it dream-wise), what then? How do we go from recognizing that this is a pattern, that this IS a problem into actually changing this to something more positive? (That seems to be a running theme for me this year. I can recognize a problem, admit it IS a problem, but don't have any idea how to tend to it / fix it / change it.)