View Single Post
Old 18-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator
I didn't used to believe in an "afterlife" (actually psychoslice said recently that there IS no afterlife....because we don't die! well said psycho!)
....Anyway, you kind of know what I mean.
I didn't believe stuff because I like to have solid evidence, and I never got any, and guessed it was the sort of thing one doesn't get solid evidence about....so gave up on the whole thing, and spirituality, etc, and just got on with living my life according to principles I hold dear in my Heart anyway, whether "Spirituality" meant anything to me or not.

Then my dog died. Yes I was grieving, but I've grieved before, and never had any revelations. I entertained the idea she might pass over into the spirit world, but honestly had no clue. I also knew we can go out of body. But in times in the past I'd had OBE's it never proved to me one way or the other that we or any other creatures, live after "death"....

Well I started to sense her about a month after she left. Very strongly. I couldn't dismiss these communications, and they were the strongest influence I'd ever known after someone I loved died. They were very living and very moving.
So then I went out of body one morning, fully aware and conscious. Very briefly. But during that 3-minute OBE, I actually encountered my dog, as a vibrant and very much alive creature. Touched her -and she was "real" alright. Real, alive, warm as toast, her actions and behaviour totally "herself" (except she didn't have any trace of sickness any more) A couple of little unexpected things happened in accordance with her character, which illustrated for me, that this was no hallucination/wish fulfillment/denial of grief....etc etc....
That short but tremendous event was hard enough evidence for me. I felt the implications of that experience are that if dogs pass through to a life in spirit -then we all must do.
I honestly don't know about God. I do sense a living God somehow, but am not clever enough to hold a debate about Him/It/Her. It doesn't matter. Just get on with wonder.