Thread: Indigo Abuse
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
I never shove a pill down a persons throat dear. but if my child has Cancer she would go to a hospital and get treatments, If my child had ADD or ADHD and couldn't sit down and relax I would get him or her help if they couldn't concentrate at school or be the best they could be. I would ask about holistic approach get second and 3rd opinions but if all the diagnoses was ADD or ADHD I am going to take the word of a doctor not a self proclaimed psychic that before she even wrote this book or theory Indigo didn't exist.

to each there own I guess.

Excuse me if I offended you in anyway, it was never my intention. When I said "shove a pill down a person's throat" I was just using an expression and wasn't intended for you, I was talking in a general sense.

I always seek medical care as the first option may it be for me or someone else, I just find very helpful to combine the medical treatment with other more holistic aproach very helpful.

In the case of psychiatry is when I find relying only on the doctor's diagnose not that helpful, I have been experiencing it first hand for fourteen years, thus it has shown me how sometimes the pills are not as helpful as they may seem, and how there exist some other kind of treatments, like cognitive behaviour therapy more useful and long-lasting. That is why if I even have children I would like to try some other ways before giving them medication, since I have had to live with the bad effects for so long, and like I said I just can't stop taking them, the experience is similar to quitting an ilegal drug such as heroine.

Again, forgive me if any of my words caused you any discomfort.