View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKey
You're cutting to the idea of a personal experience of oneness. This isn't actually the way it works. In the same way your dream character in your nightly dreams is not having oneness experiences of the person in bed dreaming the whole thing up, the human body doesn't have a oneness experience. The body appears to the same consciousness that permeates the creation appearing, and so it would point closer to say consciousness or oneness itself is in a simulation of separation.

As far as the beliefs of loved ones retaining their individuality, that retaining happens in the human experiential framework. The framework is composed of two ideas, time and space. 'You', as consciousness, are not in those ideas.

Your first paragraph reminds me of a dream that Carl Jung once had; he dreamed he entered a church where he found a yogi meditating. As he walked closer, he realised with some discomfort that the yogi had his face and was in fact him and the self he knew about was being dreamed, not the other way around. Once the yogi awakened, he knew his personal experience of self would no longer be.

Not sure if this is relevant, but is it more or less what you are saying?

I can understand what you mean about time and space being in a human domain. However, I'm still struggling with your second paragraph. As time and space do not exist in a non human domain, what can we say about the spirit world (if there is one) and individuality? Do you mind elaborating a bit? Many thanks.