View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Lorelyen have you seen much of Jordan Peterson?

He's pretty brilliant, matter of fact & constantly thinking on things which I find admirable as his opinion can change - unlike say Dawkins. I like Dawkins but I can see how people dismiss new ideas & concepts to keep themselves in a job, whereas he seems to think a peer review is a fail safe.
Not heard of him. I'll have a look.

Quote:
Artisan society and family sounds great - would hunting etc still be a factor with them or is there a warrior/hunter class?
Whatever, it's about taking on the responsibility of a social role to serve the community. Many common last-names derive - Butcher, Baker, Cooper, Smith, yes, even Hunter though in millennia of domestication and farming hunting became more of a sport than a socially needed role. The Butcher did most of the abattoir work.

Quote:
The War in Afghanistan has been raging for 16 years, with a few more dominoes as a result.
Unless my memory's failing the war in Afghanistan started around 1840. It looks like incursions fail every time. That first incursion led to a wipeout.
I doubt it'll ever be more than local as wars go. Foreign troops occupy, skirmishes follow but the Afghanis simply bide their time until occupation ends then it's business as usual. If western forces want to continue control they'll have to occupy until...forever, I suppose.

Quote:
William Guy Carr, Pawns in the Game Oct. 1958 stated that Albert Pike predicted WW1,2 & 3 - whilst Pike may or may not have said these things it's interesting that someone in 1958 wrote:

"World War Three is to be fomented by using the differences the agentur of the Illuminati stir up between Political Zionists and the leaders of the Moslem world. The war is to be directed in such a manner that Islam (the Arab World including Mohammedanism) and Political Zionism (including the State of Israel) will destroy themselves while at the same time the remaining nations, once more divided against each other on this issue, will be forced to fight themselves into a state of complete exhaustion physically, mentally, spiritually and economically."
Could be. But when you think of the scale of destruction during the Great War and it's part II - all started by a single mistake, a botched assassination - the Franz Ferdinand thing. So it could start anywhere for the smallest of reasons - Korea - the 38th parallel is just a line enforced by you know who; to NK, the war hasn't yet ended. Ukraine that could pit Russia against Europe - I mean, there have been some dirty dealings there. These two seem the hotspots. Israel against the Middle East - possible and the UK/US will feel obliged to get drawn into it.

The later chapters of Ezekiel in the Bible have things to say about it. So far his prophecies have been fulfilled.

Quote:
Whatever the big picture is: War is constant somewhere.

The Korean War 1950-1953

The Vietnam War 1946-1975

Cambodia – 1967 -1998

The Chinese Civil War (Just the part of it between 1946 and 1949)

The Iran-Iraq War 1980 – 1988

Afghanistan (You could say that this one goes from 1978 to the present but just the Soviet period alone)

Rwandan Genocide (Some would argue that the genocide was not part of a war.)

Among ongoing wars Iraq, Libya and Syria.

As I posit, some of these wars haven't yet ended. But there are now threats involving very big powers run by very big Peter Pans (and a little Peter Pan who needs to find a decent barber). It is just possible that some will encompass the world.

One hopes it'll never be but sure as god made little apples, some force has got to deal with the planet's human overpopulation. Other species are subject to natural predator-prey controls. Humans serve both these roles.

Thank you for your response. Interesting....