View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Master
Classes are best to learn because you can be corrected. Talking and sharing it with others is also invaluable.

But I've gotta say I've also learned asanas by browsing the internet, lol. An issue with that is perhaps that you'll look for things you like, whereas in class I've had to do asanas I really disliked, and yet after some practice they became my favourites! I don't think I would've realized that if I just browsed the internet. The internet is just our bubble world!!

I think if you want to become more flexible than it's good to stay in an asana for a long time. This will test your body, once it gets difficult you simply breathe deeper in and out. I find this to be more effective, and radically different from doing an asana for a few seconds (or a minute) which IS what many teachers seem to teach from my experience. If you want to improve your body however it's (in my view!) best to challenge it and gradually extend the minutes you are in that asana. I made big gains when I started doing it this way.

I agree with Clover that many yoga classes are expensive, and based on what is taught it can be overpriced..
Most offer trial lesson for lower price, I'd suggest you try those at different places.