View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 AM
iorek65

Definitions of Words

I don't think your/my experience is different than what I described.

I think the difference is what you are articulating in your interpretation and expression of the words fantastical and magical.

If I redefine my meaning to match yours (which in this context is the magic and fantastical experience of feeling the energy move) than we have the same experience.

However, the definition of those two words I was communicating was contexts where people interpret it as a "super art" -- creating levitation, super strength, etc. -- Hence my choice to articulate an important point (which you yourself have highlighted in this response): 1. Miraculous things can happen, but not delusional ones.
2. Qi Gong takes repetition and persistence to work. It doesn't do anything if you try it for 60 seconds and then toss it out the window.

You and I could be having identical or completely different experiences based on the interpretations of the words I used. From my observation, it is a pretty similar one (because the feelings are indeed, miraculous and magical).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I've been doing Qi Gong off and on for five years. I always feel more alive when I'm done.

My experience is different than what you've described. I feel invigorated every time I do Qi Gong. Even if I miss a week. And for me there is in fact a fantastical, magical aspect to it. I can feel energy. And I can feel energy outside and inside, moving and uplifting energy. That's fantastic stuff. Magical really.