View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I will address your queriess forthwith, or place them before the fountainhead of all knowledge..

Thank you.

Quote:
Meanwhile, I am starting on my own translation of the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra with Shiva's direct help (he thought it needed a modern upgrade):http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...09&postcount=5

Wow! brilliant idea. Would love to see Shiv-Ji and you collaborate on this great project. Thank you for sharing the link, I have bookmarked and subscribed to it as well and will be referring to it from time to time.

Quote:
About LSD, DMT and all that...

The first thing that springs to my mind is what happened between the Guru Neem Karoli Baba and his disciple, Ram Dass:
https://youtu.be/Yb2BWvRN090

If you would like to know anything about psychedelics, read/watch stuff by Baba Ram Dass...he's the expert, not me.

Sure, no problem, I will not be asking you about it

Quote:
I have only tried magic mushrooms (psilocybin) once, and the experience was amazing, but it was something I would never do - and never did, again.

What was seen as "mystical" wasn't the experience itself, but the way the mind tries to make sense of it AFTER the fact.

I also would not personally recommended the use of psychedelics, even though many do, because whatever experience you have, would be chemically induced and not naturally induced - therefore, there would always be a question in your mind and heart, as to whether you were REALLY having cosmic sex with God...or whether you were just tripping.

However, we have only just begun, you and I...and if you want to experiment with drugs, that is up to you, but I would advise against it, because any progress which has been made in a slow and steady way, is more memorable...more permanently fixed within the psyche...more cheap... and available anytime... anywhere.

You are elder to me with a lot more experience than me so I will definitely give your advice some very serious thought.

I'll get back to you on it soon after thinking about it.

Quote:
I can see that you are itching with "so, what do I do now, guru-ji?" and I guess that's why I am translating the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra...one technique at a time.

I will take a look at it and then apply it.

Quote:
Now you have mastered the hypnagogic state (keep working on that, by the way) follow Shiv-ji's instructions about bringing that awareness to the breath...The space between the breath.. allowing yourself just to rest...to exist in that moment with such deep silence and clarity..

Yes, I will keep practicing as there is a lot more to be learned about the hypnagogic state. I need to work more on the breathing part.

Quote:
Also, somewhere on here, in this very forum years ago, I wrote an article about Trataka and Nadi Shodhana (Anuloma Viloma), I will see if I can find it later..

I do practice those two semi-regularly.

Quote:
I will also find that thing I did, where I compared Patanjali's 8 limbs of Yoga to the Chakras and Kundalini system...and also the thing I wrote on the Dakshinamurthy Stotram regarding Pranidhana Pratyahara.

I have pretty much written a few books on here, contained within my 8,000+ posts and one day, I will need to sort out all of my "serious stuff" from all of my "muck around stuff".

I will also try to find and refer to those, but it will take me sometime :-)

Quote:
I am also very humbled and grateful that you let me into your heart...gave me the opportunity to improve the quality of your life in this way...change you from the inside out.

I am also extremely grateful to you for helping me out. I am also grateful to Shiv-Ji who made you my guru -didn't think the lord of the universe will help me get a Guru-ji

Quote:
We often get so bogged down in our failures, we forget to see our success stories...and for that, I extend my arms in a hugging action whilst saying that I love you.

I love you too.

There is this funny thing about me. Every good song that I sing ...I somehow relate its lyrics to lord Vasudev Ji/Krishna Ji