View Single Post
Old 16-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Master

I want to know that what is karma. Does it really exist?? If it does, how it works...

There are two other questions implied. Firstly, is reincarnation a fact? Secondly, is there a purpose to it all?

If reincarnation is a fact and we take on different bodies for the purpose of learning and growth, then the idea of karma makes perfect sense.

If reincarnation is not a fact then all idea of karma and purpose becomes meaningless. People do what they do, they die, and that is the end of it.

So for me, the idea of reincarnation, karma and purpose is the best explanation of why we are here. We all get what we deserve or what we need, and everything is fair.

If we were learning to play the piano, we would not expect to become a master of the piano in one lesson. So we have regular lessons and in the end we become proficient at playing the piano. It is the same with life in different bodies.

All I would add about karma is that the idea of karma as reward and punishment is somewhat simplistic. I prefer to consider karma as the tendency to balance. Where we are out of balance, karma acts to restore the balance. Which is why (for those with an interest in astrology) karma is considered to be ruled by the sign of Libra, the scales.

Peace.