View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Pathfinder
Binaural beats and ASMR videos

The binaural beats are something that have truly helped me with anxiety, worry, sleep, and to calm down my racing thoughts. I generally listen to the YouTube ones. The channel I like most is called Brainwave Power Music. I was curious if anyone had any favorites that they would like to share, other sites, or ones subscribed to. Is this something that has helped you? There is even one I listened to at one point where I was so relaxed I was hearing voices in my mind and was mentally communicating with them. That may sound unsual, but I was sort of in a lucid dream state. It's kind of like when you imagine the voice of someone you know in your mind, you can remember the tone, and whether it's male or female. That was a similar experience with me, in that I heard different voice tones and positive statements which I feel as my guides.

As for the ASMR, I was skeptical at first. People said it was just a bunch of creepy whispers and nothing else. (There's a couple of weird channels I've ran into, but for the most part there are ones that are good to listen to) However, when I listened to some they have helped me a lot with stress and sleep. To me, the asmr is just a creative spin on combining soothing sounds that trigger relaxation. For those who don't feel the "tingles" it does sound odd, but not so much when you've experienced it. What do you think? And I think they are both on wikipedia in more detail if you search for them.