View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
How I see it, is there's a difference between the heart and the heart chakra.

The heart is a physical organ, prone to disease, genetic or otherwise, while the heart chakra corresponds to openness, compassion, gratitude and love.

These emotions have been associated with the heart due to the release of adrenaline which often accompanies their expression.

For example, when I get 'surges in my heart' I experience tachycardia and palpitations due to having a nervous system disorder called dysautonomia.

When I get 'surges in my heart chakra', this corresponds to the love I feel for the Divine which feels like God is using my 'heart' for a pin cushion and of course my heart will race wildly because I am in love, but the feeling is totally different from my dysautonomia.

I need to get me one of those halter monitor things too because whenever I show up at the ED with 'chest pain' doctors cannot find anything wrong either....so they take my blood looking for changes in the triponin levels...saying 'if anything is wrong, it would show up in the triponin levels'....which isn't really accurate....so I am going in for a cardiac perfusion study and hopefully rule myself out of anything being 'seriously wrong'.

Can you sense that the pain is physical? I have some ailments that can cause a short burst of physical pain in my heart but I also have experienced emotional pain that can feel like someone is stabbing my heart though on one level I know it isn't physical, it's purely emotional. If it clearly feels physical then do push for further testing. Good to rule out anything serious. best of luck with the test.