View Single Post
Old 30-06-2011, 10:36 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Magic seems to be common in most religions, symbolic or actual ?

Oh I see this exactly the same norseman, the magical, supernatural, mysterious, are all words that basically mean the same thing, but are practiced in different formats based on a person spiritual belief or religion.

tilla,

Quote:
I'm not really sure how to answer this as there is no "God given" in paganism as far as I am aware. Unlike the revealed religions that share similar characters and beliefs; paganism does not acknowledge anything in connection to the bible or christianity at all... it doesn't exist in our beliefs unless we choose to bring it in as a personal aspect.

I understand this point. I know there are many different gods,goddesses.deities and so on in paganism. I guess I mentioned the "Christian view" because it is where I saw a similarity within the Biblical scriptures that seemed very much like gifting and abilities within other beliefs but are just 'named differently'.

As for abilities I guess I have seen pretty much what you have described. I even see this within my own family. Personally, I think that all people have abilities and I think they are endowed in us by some higher source because that is just how I think ...and these abilities, at least in my family do seem to be within the bloodline.

nightowl