View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
This is interesting subject. All I can say is from experience.

I noticed that when I say something hurtful or angry about another person or if I am about to, the goosebumps rise inside of me. I know that is my bigger self saying "Stop. That's mean and negative". I think a lot of people have this. It's some sort of homing device that tries to keep us empathic and good. It's genetic but connected to our Soul which is naturally compassionate and good.

The only time I have refused to listen to that side of my brain is when it's someone I really can't stand and I have made it up in my mind that there is no remorse or regret in having these awful thoughts about x y and z. I think most psychopaths and serial killers and sick people were wounded just like everyone else at a young age but they chose to take their experience in differently than others.

Even on a very unconscious level, choices are made by the soul on a soular level.

Two boys in the same room. Both are molested. One grows up to champion healthy sexual living, sexual expression, loving one self and how to enjoy life and learn from the pain. The other grows up to continue the cycle of abuse and molest children to transmit his pain because it's too hard to deal with. He'd rather project it and have nothing to do with it. His shadow-self has become separated from his overall psyche and self.

The latter is a sign of someone who from an early age has chosen what can only be described as negative or evil.

Psychopaths may have a genetic disposition but a lot of people have genetic inheritances but never give into them. They are only there if the person chooses to activate them. It doesn't define you. There are plenty of people who have an alcoholic gene but they refuse to drink or open that door. There is always SOMETHING in life we need to sacrifice on a carnal level to reject obsessive sensuality. It's being a balanced healthy and happy person.

But this goes to show that even some of the weirdest psychological defects affects the genetics and chemical make up of our species.

People will jump on this because they can't just read this next part without getting triggered, here it goes;
Adam and Eve. Not sayinf there were two people in a garden. Just stop right there and just listen to what I am saying. Our most ancient ancestors (Adam/Eve) were more spiritual than physical. Over time, spirits became more physically interested and the human body was supposedly evolved from another primate as a vehicle. Originally the body was just that and a tool to experience this realm. But due to our Ancestors becoming more interested in the physical consciousness, over time lost sight of the Spiritual. And as they had descendants more and more souls coming into the Homosapien experience would receive not only on a mental but also on a physical level a "separation from Spirit".

Our bodies evolved further from Spirit. This is why the original sin spoken by Catholic mystics has truth to it. But it should be called "Universal Wound". All of us on some level suffer from wounds by parents or society when we are children which all come from the original wound of our Ancestors.
This is why genetics, DNA, and the physical realm is not some illusionary hoopla. From a higher spiritual level, yes the physical realm is maya. It was intended to be a stage to play out roles and have fun and bring spirit into that world. But from our current perspective it is as real as losing a loved one.

If you want to really make a clear distinction whetehr someone is good or evil all you have to look to is this:

All people on some level or another are in Pain. Good people want to feel other people's pain because they have their own pain thus they are compassionate, kind, and empathic. Evil people would rather you feel their pain and only their pain because only there's matters thus they are self-centered, cruel, and malevolent.

Amilius, this is a very thoughtful post, as always.
You make a lot of very insightful points.
The only thing I would stress is that the body is as holy as any other aspect of thus, though finite. Its temporal nature does not make it less sacred...and our temporal experience in the body brings us deep insights we cannot receive any other way, as I understand.

You are right in that ultimately it is all down to our choices. And choosing wisely in even the darkest or weakest moments is all down to our strength of heart, our courage, our fortitude, and our moral fibre. It's all down to the struggle and our strength of will in those moments.

The thing I would add is that in some lifetimes, we bring gifts and experiences into that lifetime which are not (yet) present in others. Also we accrue gifts and experiences in a particular lifetime versus others. So in some lifetimes, we have reached the place on our journey where we are strong enough to struggle. And to overcome even, most times. In other lifetimes, we have not remembered who we are, and perhaps we also come into that life burdened deeply in some ways. Perhaps we are brutalised in that lifetime and cannot recover because we are not yet strong.

I see the psychopath who is not violent as the one who carries a great burden but struggles with it...to some degree perhaps even successfully. Even though in some ways he or she is likely or even guaranteed to lose in others, even if they struggle valiantly...such as the attainment of empathy. And I see particularly the violent psychopath as one who lacks the strength of will or character to struggle...they cannot successfully struggle to overcome their violent impulses, and so they become a slave to their own predation. Unable to stop their behaviour.

It's also true the violent psychopaths in particular meet your definition of a person who embodies and perpetrates evil rather than good. We cannot expect more from a person than they are capable of doing or being -- such as successful rehabilitation, which may not be possible for them (in this lifetime). And that's why I agree that there are some in society who should be kept apart from others, ideally in a place where they are free to live without contacting or harming others.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke