View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol
Been thinking a lot about Scorpios and trust lately - why it should feel so important to us, etc. I wonder sincerely - because trust can be a less significant thing for others - but it is a HUGE part of our psyche as Scorps. Weighty. Important. Why the need for it? It isn't a fear of pain - pain is something we see as inevitable; not in a morbid way, but matter of factly. We all have felt pain, in all its forms. We appreciate the joys, but comprehend pain, too. It is part of the duality of life. There is always a silver lining. So, it isn't that. It cannot be that we expect people to be super-human, because we understand human limitations. We can see a person's limitations, as well as our own - also matter of factly. All of that is well and good. Why all this importance on trust? I suspect it's this: trust is akin to truth. Above all, Scorpios want TRUTH because all else is not 'real', and if it is not 'real' it is not worthy of attention. All that is 'real' is part of our quest to understand the spiritual realm, because we intuit that the spiritual realm is closer to a deeper TRUTH than the rest. Does that make sense? If someone cannot be 'real', they might be fun, they might be entertaining, but they are ultimately percieved as a distraction or a bit of fluff on the life path. Any other Scorps identify with that? When someone breaks my trust, I feel repulsed - like time was wasted, even though I might learn a few lessons from that time spent. It is difficult to put into words, but there is something there, no? This also explains why we cut people off. If we feel something or someone is not genuine, that 'fakeness' doesn't resonate, and we don't see the point in pretending it does - on any level. I am not saying this way of being is more wise, or better - it just is what it is. Curious if others have something to add. Peace and Christmas cookies, d.

Beautiful post, Delsol...your post says something truly universal about the human condition as well. Everyone comes to this place on their path at some point. Some just come much earlier than others, due to their inherent nature.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke