Thread: Feathers
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 03:59 PM
Newbie ;)

During a recent meditation, I asked for a feather from my spirit guide (or whatever you want to call it) as a sign of our connection... or of "its" existence. It's only been in the past few months that I've been going through a spiritual awakening, and I felt like I needed some form of validation of spirit guides, even though I do mostly believe in them. So I requested a feather be sent to me. I did this twice, and I did it verbally.

On Friday, two days ago, I received a letter from a penpal, and in the letter she sent me two feathers from different birds in Australia. I thought to myself how maybe this could have meant something, but I was still a bit sceptical; maybe she was just being nice and wanted to share something with me from her country. (When I write back to her, I will ask her what inspired her to send me those feathers.)
The next day, Saturday, my husband and I were getting ready to leave the house; he got the car out of the garage, while I waited on the steps. It's winter here, and very snowy. I looked down the driveway and there in the middle of it, on top of the snow, was a black feather. The snow was unbroken, meaning there were no footsteps or little animal prints anywhere in the snow. This feather had fallen from the sky at some point that morning, before we went outside, and happened to land in the very centre of our driveway. As soon as my eyes fell upon it, this feeling coursed through me... it wasn't a bad feeling or a powerful feeling; it was just a sensation of some kind of meaning. I took the feather and put it with the two from Australia. I find this far too coincidental to ignore, and it's a very pleasant comfort that I'm left with. What's also interesting is that my husband always looks down the driveway to gauge whether it needs shovelling or not; he didn't do that this time, even though the snow that had fallen overnight was over ankle-high -- so it wasn't he who discovered the feather before I could, because had he looked down the driveway as he always does, he would have found it first.