View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
Let's look at the bigger picture and look at both sides of the coin.

Having got into Astrology myself in the past few years and perhaps 'lost for awhile,misguided' is a better term,Astrology in my eyes is propaganda,there is a ring of truth,depending on whom it comes from and what rings true for the reader 'seeking'.

And one will connect with Astrology and statements,that 'think',yeah that sounds like me,hence 'the ring of truth' and then the mind goes down the rabbit hole.

I like the whole picture,not just one view...and importantly and honestly,what's being written and told,is after all just coming from a 'human'.

Believe everything,believe nothing.

Nothing is what it seems.

Some excerpts from the introduction to Esoteric Astrology by Alice Bailey.

As yet, however, astrology has not really proved itself to the world of thought and science, in spite of many definitely demonstrable successes. ... It is intuitional astrology which must eventually supersede what is today called astrology, thus bringing about a return to the knowledge of that ancient science which related the constellations and our solar system, drew attention to the nature of the zodiac and informed humanity as to the basic interrelations which govern and control the phenomenal and subjective worlds.

The statement is frequently made that astrology is an exact science but that is far from correct in spite of the many mathematical computations. Astrology is based, curiously enough, upon illusion for, as well you know, the zodiac is naught but the imaginary path of the sun through the heavens, and this as it appears from the standpoint of our totally insignificant planet. The sun is not, as stated, in any sign of the zodiac. It simply appears to be so as it passes between our little sphere, the Earth, and the constellations at any particular time or season.

Astrology is a science which must be restored to its original beauty and truth before the world can gain a truer perspective and a more just and accurate appreciation of the divine Plan, as it is expressed at this time through the Wisdom of the Ages.

... astrology is essentially the purest presentation of occult truth in the world at this time, because it is the science which deals with those conditioning and governing energies and forces which play through and upon the whole field of space and all that is found within that field. When this fact is grasped and the sources of those energies are better comprehended and the nature of the field of space is correctly understood, we shall then see a far wider and at the same time a more closely related horizon; the relationships between individual, planetary, systemic and cosmic entities will be grasped, and we shall then begin to live scientifically. It is this scientific living which it is the immediate purpose of astrology to bring about.

Peace,