Thread: Why God is ONE
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2018, 12:04 PM
dattaswami

How different religions formed …

The Lord is universal but the human beings in the universe differ in their attitudes. The same single Lord adopts a different procedure in a different region and such a different procedure appears as a different religion. A few people criticize the Lord of other religions. You do not criticize the Lord of your own religion.

The external behavior of the Lord differs due to different internal and external behaviors of the human beings in this universe. The external form, dress, language, food habits and culture of human beings differ from one region to the other.

Accordingly the external form, dress, food habits, language and culture of the Lord also differ to suit that particular region. The internal Lord and the internal essence of the same Lord is one and the same in His different human incarnations, which have come in different regions or religions.

Why other religions still exist …(Excerpt from message of Shri Datta Swami)

If your religion is really the absolute truth, I shall put a simple question to you. So much time has gone since your religion appeared on this earth. By this time why have all people on this earth not followed it? Why do other religions still exist? Do you mean to say that so many people of other religions are fools and go to hell permanently? Do you think that the people of your religion alone are wise and reach God? You eat bread and jam. I eat rice. Other people eat food in some other form. You say that your food alone gives health and energy and all other forms of foods create illness.

You are not realizing that all the forms of food are the same chemicals like carbohydrates, proteins and minerals. This truth is realized only by chemical analysis. You say that the analysis should not be done and you insist only on your food. The same food exists in different forms to suit to the liking of the different people and every form of food is good and energetic. You must also realize that any form of food may be poisoned. Any poisoned food leads to disease or death and any good food gives health.

The poison is conservatism and egoism. Every religion says that it alone is correct and all other religions are wrong. Every religion says that I should accept its holy scripture without any analysis since God is beyond logic. Now please tell Me which religion should I accept? If there is only one religion, I would have simply accepted it without analysis. But there are several religions, which are fighting with each other and every religion utters the same statement. In such a case, which religion should I accept without analysis? All of you discuss with each other and come to a conclusion so that I will accept that religion which is finally concluded by all of you.

posted by: surya (disciple of Swamiji)
Universal Spirituality for World Peace