Thread: Time of death
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I'm sure that your contribution was much appreciated..I also was trying to give an alternate perspective, as it matters very much to those of us that have lost loved ones...I would not like to think that they "chose" to leave me... I'm sure that you can understand how we feel.....thank you for your response....

Yes, but my post was not aimed at your situation or anyone else's. It can also be flipped and turned into a comfort to know that someone chose when their death is. Because then there would be no accidental death. In the case of someone accidentally killing themself or getting into an accident, someone might make themselves very sick thinking, "What if they just did this or that? And then that accident wouldn't have happened and they would be here.."

All belief systems help people cope with the horrendous things that we have to deal with on this earth, one of those being death. None of us can really know. Our truth comes from our own experiences or what our guides have told us or wherever else we'd like to get it from. It really just boils down to what helps you cope with death in your own life.

It is thought by some people that the future is completely set in stone. Others think that only part of it is, and the rest can be changed slightly by free will. Still, others think there is complete free will. I don't know where I am on this debate. Add in the factor of past, present, and future happening all at once, and it's especially hard to understand. All we can really do is listen to the different perspectives and choose what we feel is right for us to believe, because in the end, the point of knowing is to have comfort. There is really no other need for us to know. So this is a personal choice that each of us chooses.