View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Perhaps some are meant to be alone because they are destine for other things in life. And a relationship would be more of a distraction for them.

I can see that, as many feel stagnate and unallowed to grow while they're in a relationship, mostly out of fear that the other person won't love them anymore. Not every pair grows at the same pace, and sometimes not at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I came to realise that we all stand alone anyway despite pumping so much into romance and relationships and mutual love – yes we can have these things but we cannot enter each others’ beings. There’ll be a few here dispute that but it’s how it is. We are alone. Nature wants us to mate. Around that we've built all kinds of rituals and behaviours to convince ourselves that we become some deeper part of another's being.

Oh, I won't dispute with you on this one, I've voiced my opinion before on this on that one thread (I think you were the one who stood on my side, even!)...I just think there is so much pressure to pair up that it distracts us from growing as individuals. Relationships aren't all bad, and can help in a phase of your growth, but this forced mating/pairing ritual meant to tie individuals together has caused more problems for growth than good in MANY CASES, NOT ALL!

In my opinion, forcing us to bring expectations of forever into a relationship that should only be used as a lesson, especially out of fear of being alone, has ruined what a relationship is supposed to be.

Thanks y'all for sharing your perspectives, this time we live in now is awesome for finding people who feel the same yet can also make you think of other angles!