View Single Post
Old 29-08-2017, 06:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Yes I know the harm aspect can be confining to one's true self wanting to embrace life beyond that guilt trips etc. So that harm aspect I know all too well created a real disjointed connection to life in me and around me. Unlike yourself, my shift from conditioned religious core stuff didn't really kick in till much later when I hit the dark night of the soul time, where I had to go deep to pull out all those roots still lingering and affecting my openness and truth of the bigger picture and expand my reality as one monumental shift. Its like sometimes you need to see the whole bang lot together to kind of get it to hit home in everyway and see a way out. I guess your moment gave you what you needed back when you were "only nineteen" .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY

Well, if you lose your religion suddenly like I did, it leaves a big hole and is very disorienting, so there is still a slow process of coming to terms with having nothing to 'turn to'.

Quote:
My dark night of the soul and expanded view of reality as one, was really where the deeper truth's were housed so once I landed in those roots, there was no where to go by that stage. Into the messy land and see the greater land awaiting, let go and found my way through the maze of craziness.

Yes it's a dark night when you have to come to terms with all your own delusions, and that's likely to go on for a good while, but the meditation can give us some skills of keeping an even keel as we go through it. Almost everyone I've meditated with has a pretty rough trot, so I'm not one to sell spiritual hope. I just advocate facing the truth of oneself, and where people have answers for others, I don't.

Quote:
That makes sense. Listening is probably my strongest tool. Being hearing impaired has forced me in so many ways of its deterioration, to focus and listen deeper. So it comes more natural to me now to bring a deeper awareness beyond my 'normal ears' down into my 'being' and listen from there. So I suppose the loss was a gain in this way of viewing this issue I have.

I learned listening skills from being a musician, same deal, have to listen harder to learn all the notes of a song, and then play them so they sound just right - and we know music has a feel below the sound itself...

Quote:
I did a workshop today about once again reminding me about dropping down into my being to move beyond the mind's eye and experiencing from that point alone (meaning not staying stuck in those views) shifting down into the belly to open up a deeper experience where all of me showed up, I entered the feeling, let go, opened the space of confinement, let go, climbed back up to my "birds eye view" where I saw the higher truth or wisdom of myself in all that. Where as the "minds eye" saw only myself as the vision alone, which was ok, because ultimately I was doing a test on myself as to why it is so easy to tell yourself the story of your visions rather than going down into your belly and allowing the whole self to show you more and gain more self awareness in that process.

Sounds good. I don;t have anything like that. At the mo I'm training to be a personal trainer, and I have discovered that the industry is generally a big distraction from that mind/body connection, and based on people who are 'busy' having a short time to get their exercise done - and it all become quite noisy and rushed with a lot of sales and marketing pushing it all along... my own training is hard, but it is also serene and based on the practice of mind body connection and perfection of ranges of motion.

Makes much sense.

Yep.[/quote]