View Single Post
Old 20-08-2017, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
There is another consideration that can be seen about this thought. In another time.

A spiritual teacher might see this from a perspective that is different. Of course I've had the same thoughts but at the same time the thoughts have changed. The thoughts are not the same.

Isn't this how it's suppose to be anyway, for people to be set free. Do we hold to a stereotype of teachers they are not allowed to ever have sinned so to speak, from that place we speak of. They have experience of knowledge that is not empty and learned to let go of that emotion (attachment).

Doesn't spiritual practice mean helping others! What is the perspective. Are you a teacher? If one isn't a teacher then of what relevance is speaking for them? Maybe the numbers have us in awe, where we say....impossible. We never use to talk about this kind of thing in religious circles for sure. I think we have learned psychology provides many answers spirituality never use to speak of. The inner child, the self and how fragile we were and are. Many times we do get spiritually burned out to and overwhelmed, or reach that spiritual plateau. If one does, it's time to rest and know, it will pass.

Helping others is a spiritual practice. Spiritual practice does not mean helping others. Spiritual practice can have many definitions, some say "connecting to a higher power" or "getting in touch with the deepest self, the soul". etc.

We are all teachers and all students. If you are asking my popularity, I am not a popular teacher and don't teach many. I don't take on disciplies or do long term teaching if that's what you mean. If a situation would be bettered by my spiritual advice then I give it. However I rarely get those situations anymore. Part of the reason for that is I don't seek spiritual crowds or places to share knowledge, well not in person haha, I'm clearly doing it by coming to spiritualforums though.

I understand that religions of the past traditionally didn't delve so deeply into why a person had pain, but I also feel that caused them to be much more distant to the people they were trying to help.

An old priest wouldn't say "I'm here for you, I'm sorry you've had to go through so much pain in life". Instead they would hold someone at arms length and say "God sees, God knows, God feels for you".

Well nobody can see God! I think the added depth of knowledge that comes from modern psychology helps to deepen the personal bond between spiritual seeker and teacher, between student and master, healer and healed. it brings A LOT more pain. But perhaps it's like spiritual weight lifting. incarnating in this time allows us to face a much more greater deal of pain, and if karma can be subsituted for the word pain, then by being empowered to face more of our pain we are correcting more karma than we could if we were born in.. say maybe 1200's. A time traditionally understood as devoid of healing and spiritual growth (it was a time of spiritual oppression, the dark ages).