View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 05:32 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Hi all,

I just had reiki level one attunement 3 weeks ago and have been treating myself every single day since. My teacher even commented on how strong and vibrant my energy is. I'm excited and passionate to keep pursuing, as I have a deep desire to help others. I'll also add that I have always been a health nut and into eating the right foods, taking herbal supplements, etc.

However...the not so great side of me...

I have smoked cigarettes for the past 20 years since trying to be "cool" in high school and never gave it up. Also in the past 3 years have steadily enjoyed a couple glasses of wine every night with dinner simply because I enjoy it with a good meal. I will say regarding the drinking, I have never once been drunk out of fear of losing control, and have never ever used drugs. I'm also an empath and have been trying to ground myself better and not absorb other's energies and I've been improving.

Now to my point...

I was told I will be giving up bad habits by my teacher upon attunement when I confessed them to her. Interestingly, before my attunement months prior, she also got a message from beyond saying "tell her to quit" (she wasn't even aware I smoke or drink). Will I eventually lose taste for these bad habits? I know there's so much more involved, like will power, but are these habits seriously detrimental to my ability to use reiki on myself and others? By the way I would never attempt to channel reiki even after sniffing a glass of wine, out of respect.

Thoughts???
I have been given energy healings and was told to give up sugar and caffeine by my practitioner...which I did because I wanted to feel the best I could. I am able to send healing energy and am now interested in Reiki and plan on pursuing that modality in depth since it seems it comes easily to me. I find it extremely interesting and always felt better after each session when getting the healing.

I have noticed there are times I feel like eating something "light" like some fresh fruit rather then a meal. Or I will skip a meal. I am a big fan of drinking water. Without it I will literally wilt. Do I want to become vegetarian? No...even though I was vegetarian for seven years. I am also back on sugar and caffeine (what a rebel :)

If it turns out I feel the need personally to change then it would be a natural progression in my own growth...not a strict change I am not comfortable with. We are all individuals and I feel that even though some "healthy things" are recommended and stated "this will happen" (as in Reiki)....If it is a change you want to make then it won't be a hard decision and you will be ready to easily give whatever up without a struggle. I gave sugar and caffeine up within a week.

I am serious in learning energy healing and getting attuned to Reiki. Like I mentioned I can do healings now. Pssst...guess what? Put a container of chocolate chip cookies in front of me and I will savor each morsel mmmm!!
It has not affected my ability in any way. Follow your heart.....