View Single Post
Old 22-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Master
belief by many doesn't nessecarily constitute truth. that's called "the populist fallacy". many people believed the Sun revolved around the Earth but their belief didn't make it so.

but hey! if disbelieving in "victimhood" make you feel more in control then go for it. if believing that victims choose to be victims and are therefore karmically responsible for their misery helps relieve the guilt you, as an empathic person, might feel due to your inability to prevent pain in the world then by all means believe victims choose to be victims and negate the concept of victimhood entirely. not sure where that belief system puts the triumphant victimizers except they have the honor of being the deliverers of painful karma on those who choose to be victims.

i , however, can not believe that a 3 year toddler asks, pre-birth, to have her innocence destroyed by a pedofile or that a group of folks collectively decided, pre-birth, that it would be advantageous to be blown into bloody chunks by some random bomb dropping on their house or that a soul being born in drought devastated Sudan wanted to live for an agonizing month slowly dying of starvation and dehydration. i prefer to believe in innocence even if that means i must admit i'm not in control of the Universe..