View Single Post
Old 22-02-2011, 03:12 AM
Baldr44

Ego-consciousness is necessary to your physical existence because it serves as a vehicle that affords you the opportunity to experience your physical life in the objective world. In contrast your soul or your Higher Mind does not require a physical experience to exist. The reason why your soul, the essence of you, does not necessarily need a physical experience is because thought occurs on the mental plane and anything desired is instantly realized. In other words, consciousness is not a bodily function nor is it in the form of an organ. Now, this statement lends itself to many a debate between metaphysics and the sciences because man is insistent in his attempts to find where in the physical body, i.e. the brain, consciousness exists. So far it has not been found to reside anywhere in or of the physical body, thus, it remains speculative in the eyes of many who seek to empirically prove that it does.

I am currently in the process of setting up my next incarnation as I have a certain desire in mind. My spiritual teacher said that if I give it intent then it will be. My subconscious will remember and put all into motion. I kind of see where you are coming from and I agree to a certain extent.