Thread: Semantics
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I get the feeling from what you say Jim, that your reliance on the use of words in a particular format, therefore, observation, analysis, argumentation is part of your conditioning that you haven't come to terms with yet.
Hmmm.....
Quote:
Do you sing ? Perhaps you need to walk into the middle of the street and start singing for awhile. This too involves the use of words too ?

LOL, I do sing but I see no value in singing in the middle of a street and why do you often add the "?" character to sentences that are not questions?

Quote:
I think you have been conditioned somewhere in your past to over rely on language to get to the bottom of things ?
LOL, is that a question or a statement? Your writing style is very confusing to me. I honestly do not "over rely" on anything except maybe my ears when playing music. But I can see an over reliance on words in your communication here. I'd recommend that you stop relying on all these unnecessary, complicated words and phrases and just say what you mean as honestly and simply as possible. Oh, and it might help to drop your tendency to accuse others of such and such and just speak for and about your self. The over use of the word "you" is often quite offensive and accusatory! Use 'I' more and 'you' less!
Quote:
For example, someone can be brought up in legalistic environment, both parents are lawyers etc. and this could impinge on how they relate to language in a good or bad way.
Please offer some examples of good and bad ways to relate to language.

Quote:
But there is really a pride there isn't there.
LOL, if you say so!

Quote:
As for people dropping personal pronouns as if it brought them closer to something we term non duality. Well as has been stated already, it's just downright silly that one.
I agree.

Quote:
So yes your post there got me thinking really that you have faith in language to solve arguments which I myself don't.
Sorry but you've lost me here. Please quote the post that you are referring to. How do you solve arguments?

Joe, I suppose that you're trying to tell me something important about language, pride and "coming to terms" with whatever but I honestly do not get whatever it is/was that you attempted to say there. Perhaps you need to take a deep breath and come back here with a more direct and simple version of what you are trying to say to me here. I recommend that you drop all those mysterious "?" characters, leave out references to Mark Twain, use 'I' more and 'you' less and just stick to what you know and/or have personally experienced to say whatever it is that you've attempted to say here.
So far, all I got from your comment is that you "feel" there is something WRONG with me and/or my communications so why not just come right out and say what you think, feel and believe about things? Just be HONEST!