View Single Post
Old 29-08-2011, 03:00 PM
IndigoBeta

olaf

thank you for the reply.
sorry for not seeing it sooner. I thought I had marked this thread such that it would email me when the reply came but no mail came.

i have gotten my hands on some videos of Master Li showing the 5 movements and have the two main books which are offered on the official website. I am almost done the reading and will begin in earnest on the videos this week. At the moment I am not able to join any classes but will attempt to make the time to attend, and will try in the mean time to master the 5 exercises as best as I can at home.

Its good to know my pursuits will not harm the practice. The only thing it seems which can really harm the practice is following it for evil purposes, to misuse your supernatural powers, as it is said in the book. This, I am not interested in, rather i wish to have personal benefit and to make myself less of a burden on others by attaining more inner peace. I feel good knowing there are very few other things that will intrude as i do quite enjoy studying and conventional martial arts and exercises.

You mentioned not mixing in other practices. I was considering joining a zazen meditation group, is falun gong incompatible with other forms of meditation and stillness?

Thanks again