Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Knower
I posted in your identical other thread. Re-posting here...

I agree with iamthat. I'll just add my 2cents, because I have been through psychosis after becoming enlightened and specifically, after meeting God.

You mentioned bi-polar. Do you think perhaps your "enlightened self" has been split from your "normal self"?

I've thought about this before, because I am certain this happened to me. For a while after becoming enlightened, my normal personality was still there, but separate from my "enlightened self". I transcended my ego, my mind, my body. I was outside it. I had a deep sense of self held outside physical reality. My body and mind still worked the same way it always did, same personality, but I separated my sense of self from it.

What did this mean? It meant I basically had a split-ego. I didn't realize at the time that my "transcended self" was actually still ego. This split-ego business is tricksy stuff, it's already starting to sound like an illness, right?

So how did I fix that? Nonduality helped me fix it. Not-two. I stabilized myself in the absolute, nondual truth. Which means a lot of things at once.

1) The witness, and the appearances happening to the witness are not two, but one. Like light to a TV screen, they become one. They are one.

2) From the nondual perspective, there is only YOU. There is not YOU and another person. There is not YOU and another personality. There is not YOU and appearances happening to you. There is only YOU.

3) All dualities become irrelevant. Up and down, You and I, good and bad, this and that. Things just are what they are.

To stabilize in the nondual truth was an important step for me. Everything just kinda mellowed out after a little while and left me in one miraculous event called Life. I can still remove myself from my body at any time. As in, I can move my sense of self out of my body and mind and I become untouchable. (Note: I don't stay there, because I've got a mission at hand, I can't just leave)

But to stabilize in the nondual truth is when you become "The Limitless One".

I hope this helps, much love!