View Single Post
Old 24-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Deactivated Account

I wanted to chime in and share what I feel on this topic. First, there are different levels and types of channeling.

First you have your intuitive state where someone is picking up on the energies of a person, a place, a thing, and interpreting that energy into information about that person/place/thing. The person is very much present and the information is passing through their own perceptions, filters, and agendas. This is important to what you are saying about messages maybe not being as authentic as they could be...

You then have Indirect Channeling where the person or "Medium" is picking up on the energies and messages and passing them along. This is what is trendy in all the tv shows and whenever you hear someone say "I'm being told" or "The spirit is telling me", they are an indirect channel. They are indirectly passing that message from the spirit/angel on to you. The key is yet again, the information is being passed through that person's beliefs, values, perceptions, and ideas. Over years, someone can really learn to keep their perception out of the message they are passing along but you need to realize it is still being processed through their mind and thus, their filters and perceptions.

Then, you have people that are at the point where they are full Direct Channels. They can either be trance channelers or conscious channelers. Either way, it is not them talking at all...it is the angel they are channeling talking. Depending on that channeler's ability to completely surrender over (easy if they are trance channelers) the information can literally be straight from the angel's mouth and in that very authentic.

I would say that absolutely there are going to be people that market themselves as intuitives, mediums or channels that are not that authentic. But honestly, you get that in every profession that exists. Do people become less authentic as they become more "famous"? I do not know if I believe that. I'm making a guess but if you are at the point that you've gained some noteriety for what you do, you obviously have some ability. And in terms of channeling or any other gift, the more you practice it the better you become at it, so I don't know if they ability changes...

It could be that perhaps the more famous they feel more pressure to bring through good information and perhaps at times when the message isn't earth-shattering perhaps they add a little "filler"? I have no idea and don't know.

I think all that truly matters is that you follow and trust what feels right and true for you. I do know that different channels bring through completely different types of energies, messages, topics, and types of information. Perhaps it could be that a person finally is ready for a different type and frequency of information and it is not that that particular channeler is now "fake", but just that you've moved on to needing a different level of information and material.