View Single Post
Old 17-09-2018, 09:59 PM
Knower

Our bodies paralyze themselves while we're asleep so we don't act out our dreams. Sometimes people can wake up in that paralyzed state and it can be scary. Part of you may see your bedroom and part of you is still somewhat dreaming and this can cause you to hallucinate (dream) that something scary is in your bedroom with you. It's like you're perceiving both the dream and your bedroom at the same time. One time while in sleep paralysis I hallucinated a big snake wrapping itself around me. Usually these scary hallucinations are just thought forms that we drempt up because we can't move and we're scared. If you want to wake up just try to relax and start by moving your fingers. I've heard that is suppose to help.

The vibrations are also normal. You may even hear a wooshing sound like strong wind, and even get caught up in it as you exit your physical body. This is sometimes experienced right before you leave your body or astral project. There are lots of books written on astral projection. I like Kurt Lelands book "Otherwhere: A Field Guide To Non Physical Reality". Robert Monroe also writes about his Journeys out of body.

You moving through a tunnel and seeing a light at the end of it sounds like an experience in non-physical reality. You can astral project easily from sleep paralysis just by desiring to. It is easier to project from that state. So maybe you should learn more about astral projection so you can take advantage of those moments of paralysis. I've heard that with experience some people get to where they no longer experience the vibration stage. You can also skip over the vibration stage and just find yourself in the non-physical. That happens sometimes too. I guess our astral body separates from the physical body during the vibration stage if we allow it, but you might not always be conscious of it when it happens. You might start out in a dream and then gain awareness and realize you're already out of your body.

There is an area in the non-phyiscal that Kurt Leland calls the dream zone where we dream. If you are dreaming, but you're not aware that it's a dream, than it's just a dream. If you are dreaming and you become aware that it's a dream, then it's a lucid dream. And if you become even more aware it could be called astral projection. Just as we experience different levels of awareness while awake (beta, alpha, theta, delta), we also experience different levels of awareness in the non-physical.