View Single Post
Old 24-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I too believe in the interplay between science and spirituality, and I think some religions embrace science but it seems most do not. Energy, particles, atoms, molecules, etc., form something and we call what has been formed reality instead of acknowledging what bought that reality together.

Human reality is largely based on concepts derived from the names that we give to forms or formats. Yes, I acknowledge that every level has its own reality, as iamthat points out. I find the life span of a mayfly rather interesting. There is one species of mayfly that only lives for one day and then it dies, but in that one day it mates, brings forth offspring, and passes on its knowledge. What is the reality of a mayfly?

So from a human perspective we have a much different reality than a mayfly. I have seen hundreds of people die, and the most poignant is when a baby dies. A newborn comes into this world and dies days later. What is that newborn’s reality, and I would imagine it has no concept of reality. Reality is just maybe a label, a handle that adult human beings use to codify their existence.

When talking about perception maybe the word “absolute” also does not apply. It might be considered a sweeping generalization or fallacy of presumption when absolutes are used in discussions. Always, everybody, everything, etc., does not consider that there may be variables. Ultimate on the other hand implies the final, last, greatest, top thing, but if one accepts the concept of infinity, which has no up or down, no sides, high or low, then ultimate as a concept is dismissed.

Nonetheless, I have enjoyed this discussion and reading what others have posted. Thank you!

Starman, I have a thread about Karma and the Foundational Quantum Reality under the Buddhism thread because I thought Buddhists would be open to discussion of the science mixed with karma and multiple incarnations.

I wonder if you might be interested. Would love to hear your thoughts.
And those of all others too

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke