View Single Post
Old 21-01-2018, 06:46 AM
Deactivated Account
It's too much of a generalisation to me... beyound the obvious physical and chemical hormonal differences all human beings are far too complex for simplistic generalisations... even the hormonal differences are unique and variable according to one's specific makeup, social and environmental factors.

I don't mind the love language idea though but... I deffinately don't fit into the 'generalised' model for communication... my love language is actions - I like my partner to express love through actions - helping me with mundane things and I also like them be able to help me fix things mecahnaical or emotional and then help me to understand the process so that I can be self sufficient later.

I generally don't like talking about emotional stuff just for the sake of talking... I like solutions... and then actions to follow those solutions lol.
My husband likes to communicate through displays of affection- so we had to learn each other's styles and meet somewhere in the middle...

He fixed the washing machine yesterday and then was able to tell me what was wrong with it and show me how to do it myself next time if I decide I want to haha... that is some serious love in action right there lol
seems I know his love language is displays of affection and I might just give him a hug and say thanks lolzzz.

By the way...Neither of us are within the stereotypical perimeters for our gender such as the ones prescribed by many of those books like mars/Venus...

A book like that might be useful of you happen to fit within that model.

Last edited by Ariaecheflame : 21-01-2018 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Forgetting words