View Single Post
Old 19-03-2018, 10:45 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingsoull97
I’m a muslim however i have always questioned certain beliefs in the islam. I have always believed God is merciful and kind and not the opposite (punish you) which some people say God is. Now i have always felt this connection and love for God grow. However now it’s like how do we know religion is actually true. When i write tgis i feel horrible, I honestly do. Because ive always spoken to God and felt safe. If i feel there is no connection, then i feel sad. I feel lost.

blossomingsoull97,

There is only one true religion. That religion is the relationship between the soul of an individual and God. It seems to me that you have a good relationship. No religion can give you or establish your personal relationship with God. That is the secret you share with God. If you pray, you are praying to God......not to some specific religion. Generally relgion is determined by an accident of birth. If one is born into a specific culture oftentimes that dictates a certain religion. Outward appearances are often necessitated by many different things and some conformity might be required. But, if that is the case, do not let it affect your inward self. And do not feel alone in your situation. I am sure you are surrounded by more people than you realize who experience this same dilemma.