View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 03:57 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna*
At the risk of sounding like I'm just being frivolous about this, and being sent to the corner of this sub-forum for time-out:

From sheer curiosity and fascination with how our minds work. It's a party trick, sure, and not of any actual use, but I find it fascinating to experience hypnotic phenomena and learn from that. How do our minds do that? How does suggestion in trance work, how can listening to hypnosis tapes in trance go in and re-program your mind to make things better? What do these phenomena tell us about how our minds tick? What does a simple trick like this tell me about how amnesia works, how hypnotherapy works? About how memory works? Intense curiosity.

And for fun, quite frankly. For sure, my daily self-hypnosis is about meaning and spiritual purpose. But it doesn't all have to be serious. It's a really good laugh, to know full well that it's a trick, yet your name is on the tip of your tongue, but just not *quite* there. It was hilarious to forget that the number 4 existed and count 6 fingers on my hand. Because the universe is playful, too, because synchronicity sometimes has such a lovely sense of humour and because laughter over silly things is good for the soul.

Don't burn me at the stake now, please.

I can't... I'm a trained stage hypnotist :-)