View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Master
I do not want to judge your beliefs but this is what I felt-

when I took one look at this Vishwananda I felt like the word "fraud" was written all over him.

And then I saw the "sex" scandal" reports on google and now I am not surprised.

I have read this with Sathya Sai Baba. And I have read this with Sylvia Browne having a cult following and making readings $900 and creating a Fraud Gnostic Church. Same with The Conversations with God books.

I shy away from the "Guru-Disciple" role. I find it scary and unappealing.

And the fact that Yogananda says the Hebrews had Guru-Disciple ship is partially true. There was "A" school of the Prophets. That began 1000s years ago, going through Moses to Samuel to Elijah and Elisha. Yes. But this was established as a succession of masters until the "MESSIAH" would come.

Where as Jesus did NOT encourage a special one on one relationship. If anything Jesus and the Apostles were more equivalent to a Wiccan Coven than a Guruship. And after his Acension, he made Peter the "Bishop" or High Priest of the 12. Jesus originally established a succession of "High Priest" or Bishop and Twelve Others. The Roman and Eastern Orthodox have this "sorta" right. But the Romanized Catholic Church now has a Pope and a ton of Cardinals and it resembles the Roman Empire, and NOT Jesus' pattern that he created.

I do believe Babaji is a manifestation of God, or a manifestation of the Christos, a special experience with the Higher Self. But I do not think he is a human being. If he was, why doesn't he share this information with the world to help us all become transcendent of death? And why is there no evidence of his existence as a human. And why would God want us to transcend human death? I mean Jesus transcended it by "resurrecting". Meaning he glorified and kept his body. Jesus could eat food, live normally, and still have an omnipresent, all powerful body. In Jesus we see a Middle Way. In a lot of these Guru Yogis all I see is this Black and White approach to God. And I am sick of it.

Now I have a lot of Yogananda books, Cayce books, Levi Dowling's Aquarian Gospel, the Gita, the Bible. I have read Padgett's readings, I have read Sylvia Browne's readings.

I have come to the conclusion to listen to your inner self. And look to others as guides and not as masters.