View Single Post
Old 21-07-2019, 11:30 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens

The phenomenon of lucid dreaming is very interesting in this regard – because it proves (almost with certainty) that the-thing-that-generates-our-consciousness is able to simulate a high definition virtual reality within itself.

And...

If we already KNOW that the-thing-that-generates-our-consciousness has the capability to experience virtual realities as real, we have no reason to believe that our current reality is anything else than a virtual simulation.

I think about it in a similar way. If I am currently in a virtual simulation, then I am either alone, and all of you were just simulations, or we are all together in a collective game. Also a combination would be possible:
I sometimes make the experience that things that happen in my environment fit perfectly with my private course of development. Could it be that we sometimes switch from a multi-player to a single-player-mode within one incarnation? And is it possible that even the collective mode is a dynamic, variable condition? It would be plausible that we could temporarily group together in groups of tens or hundreds to make common experiences detached from the rest of the world.

Yes, lucid dreaming tells us that the mind is capable of creating an entire simulation even when the senses are not feeding it data. While awake, even simple biology will tell us that all the brain could ever see is a pattern of neurons firing or not firing. It is based on that pattern that a virtual reality simulation is created within in which we live. That would not get rid of objective independent physical reality entirely, but I do believe the implications of modern cosmology do. And some of the latest laboratory experiments have continued to mount evidence that this is the case. It is not that hard to fit together the puzzle pieces in physics to start to see this picture emerging.

I tend to think it is the combination one. Not just only combined in a VR simulation with other consciousnesses, but a combination of overlapping individual VR universes moving through the cause and effect matrix on imperfect parallel paths. I have begun to notice events (some rather major) taking place in my life that seem a bit too difficult (though not impossible) to ascribe to random chance. This leads me to think that what is actually going on within my consciousness is multidimensional in nature and impossible to fully grasp with the restricted viewpoint of my mind when limited by the brain and egoic construct. The life experience is a first person point of view, what one would see in third person omniscient is far more complex.