View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I have to go back to definitions because that's where it all begins, are we this self or that self and yet none of them? And if we are defining selfs - Higher Self, lower self, ego..... whatever other definition... what are we really doing? Dis-integrating ourselves?It seems that even in Samadhi where the self is transcended there's still a sense of I Am, a focus of consciousness.

Tyere's a myriad of self(s) and another myriad of definitions of those self(s), what should be integrated and which should be renounced - and awareness of each within its context. If we're going to listen to Spirituality we are multi-dimensional beings and a 'self' for me is simply the focus of consciousness at that moment, because I don't think our consciousness could cope with being a number of selfs at the same time.

"Infinitely large and infinitely small, no difference, for definitions have vanished and no boundaries are seen.
So too with Being and non-Being. Don't waste time in doubts and arguments that have nothing to do with this.
One thing, all things: move along and intermingle without distinction"

VERSES ON THE FAITH MIND
by Sosan Zenji (Seng-Tsan) - the third Zen Patriarch.
Translated by Ricahard B. Clarke.

The can of worms is in our heads.

Speaking of definitions and self identifications it's difficult to avoid them isn't it .

You see any self reflection made through perceiving and experiencing this reality is met with a self reference .

No-one functions in this life experience without a self reflected reference .

Different stages of life experience from the babe in arms to maturity potentially brings with it a different sense and knowing what one 'is' or isn't .

Even the conclusion that I AM nothing or I AM indescribable is a self identified measure .

We can't help but associate what we are unless we are beyond any self reflection .

That really is what S.R. is all about, being what you are without any reflection or comparison .. Beyond duality in other words .

For masters / gurus / non duality types they still retain their own sense of self identity even when they suggest that no-one is here .

Those that say Self is real and the body is illusory are knee deep in their own intellectual wranglings that are rife in self identification/s .

In regards to what should be integrated and what should be renounced in regards to self aspects, there is no one right answer .

Everyone is entertaining a process of self knowing / evaluation and one entertains a belief in that .

When things fall short or seems to be incorrect, one then perceives differently, that is why when an individual realizes what they are they can relate to the mind-body as illusory when prior to that they only consciously was aware of the self that was of the flesh .

My point in making in these instances is that one is both the weeds and the roses, the roots and the tree tops ..

There is something in me that doesn't sit too well with renouncing what we are from another aspect / facet of that which we are .

x daz x