View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 04:31 PM
mindanalyzer

dream of choosing Christ and ...

I have had many spiritual experiences that could be classified as very strange

In my childhood and early adulthood, I had constant dreams of demons, monsters, and evil beings and I was very afraid of the dark. After that, I got involved in Santeria (an African religion practiced in the Caribbean) which I think got me even deeper in the hole.

Years passed and I went to study abroad; at one point I went a couple of months, having dreams [night after night] of physical fights with a demon. This was taking a big toll on my life. I tried many things (invoking Jehovah, the virgin of cobre [cuba], etc) but nothing worked; One night I invoked the name of Jesus and I noticed that the demon got nervous; I continued doing that and eventually he fled. These dreams did not return

Well, I felt again in the hole with these false religions (promising solutions to immediate problems, material gains, etc -> all a lie) but it was different this time; I knew that Jesus was the truth and that what I was doing was wrong. That led to a lot of self-torture and I guess some self-discovery.

Then I moved to the US and this situation continued. At one point the nightmares and my psychological state were so bad that I could no longer cope with this, so I decided to throw away all my Santeria rituals and went to do the way of Saint James in Spain (alone by bike), as a spiritual purge, asking for forgiveness.

Well, these nightmares stopped. I started reading the bible and then I started dreaming of angels, first of bad angry angels who I would fight to no end [while invoking the name of Jesus] and then with good warrior angels who would teach me. I even had this crazy beautiful dream in which a group of warrior angels of the Lord anointed me with oil (on my legs and upper back) and a pair of feathery wings sprouted from my back. I clarify that I have never prayed to angels; I pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ but I have this strong admiration for Michael the archangel.

I would say that I had about 100 dreams in which I would see myself with wings, in a period of 2 years; all of them were exciting and empowering, it was as if living in a different parallel reality; I would get my wings on demand to fight evil beings and to fly. Whenever I would do something stupid in these dreams, I would automatically feel this strong sense of dread and shame, and I would automatically start praying to God the father for forgiveness. During this time I would pray Our Father’s prayer a lot during my dreams. I have not had these dreams for a while and I miss them A LOT

I had this one dream that I have no idea of the meaning to this day:

In this dream there were several doors and one door had the label "Jesus Christ". I was asked by ‘someone’ to choose a door and I answered “I choose Jesus no matter what” and a door opened. I crossed and at that point I dont remember the details but I am in an ugly jail full of despair and suffering, I realized that I was in HELL. I asked “why am I here if I chose Jesus”? and I got the answer “You chose hell”

I have never found the meaning to this. Would you share your perspective?

God bless you

Last edited by mindanalyzer : 20-10-2017 at 08:01 PM.