View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Guide

many people are just like you,they're just not aware of it. - if someone in a room is upset or and starts saying bad things, everyone will tune in to that negative state.
the opposite is also true - when someone is happy and says cheerful stuff, the other too can be cheered up [to a point at least].

this is not something you can stop completely. but you could try and be more mindful/grounded about it. for instance, when being around that family member, try to constantly tell yourself 'i won't be affected by them'. force yourself to think of cheerful/funny stuff.
breathing deeply could also help - it forces your brain to concentrate on something else other than the energies.
also try shielding - i can't really explain this, but im sure there is info on the forum. [pagans, wiccans use shielding to protect themselves during rituals]

try spending as little time next to that person as possible. if they ask you to do something for them, say you'll do it, but if you could be alone while doing it [if possible. and not in a rude tone]

i hope this helps. don't expect this to work the first time around. i don't promise miracles, all i'm saying is that you can minimize the effects, but it takes time and practice.