View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Master
What Baile says here about gaining control when switching your lifestyle is so true! I have over eaten to soothe my depression and stress for the last 8 years, I've always been resonably slim growing up but these last years I have been overweight, then classed as obese. I get were your at, a few weeks ago so was I. I wouldn't recommend this without speaking to a doctor, but I started to do a 600 calorie a day meal replacement. To start with it made me literally throw up and I felt so weak, headaches, shaking. The lack of what i usually intake was affecting me. I was worried so I bought some Salmon and Asparagus, the next night I ate scrambled eggs, and after a few days I felt my body was ready to just have the shakes without the food to top it up, as they said I could do this if I felt hungry. Now I have been doing it for over 2 weeks, closer to three, I have gone from 13stone11lbs to 12stone8lbs and still going.

The most important and life changing thing I have realised in the process is just how much I was shoving my face with food, and I wasn't having one chocolate bar or a handful of crisps but the whole bag or pack. My partner works manually all day and his habit of snacking on junk encourages mine, except he stays slim because he works hard physically all day and I sit in an office. I realised how excessive it was and how many calories I was actually consuming. After not eating food for a couple weeks, I feel when I have a cheeky bite of something my partner has, it doesn't even taste nice and not how I used to appreciate it, so I know my tastebuds have reset and that these foods aren't as nice as I had grown to like them.

It's very liberating for me to have cut the cycle of being addicted to eating food, it's liberating to not have to think so much about what to eat etc but in this time I have been working out a 1,400 calorie a day diet as my BMR is 1,500, I plan to have one naughty day a week were I eat what I want within reason so I don't feel so restricted. Ive started by picking foods I will enjoy and be able to eat each day. It's quiet a small selection at the moment but I hope to build up my diet with time and experience. Also I intend to see my doctor to discuss taking supplements so I am not missing any vital nutrition.

It's just about breaking the cycle, however is best for you, but when you really have that aha moment or you begin to see steady results, you feel your worth rise up, and it's hard to go back to how it was. You feel strong saying no, like Baile said again, looking at the coffee and cake bun, it looks so delicious, but I had a bite of my partners doughnut and it was very underwhelming so I get that too. As you make changes your body will appreciate these changes and you will be surprised as to how easy it can be at this point to continue to make healthy choices.

I've always hated exercise too, all through school I managed to get out of p.e lessons but now I have an excercise bike in my living room that, to start with, I burn 100 calories a go watching TV. I do this in the evening though and it will be better to do it in the morning so I will change to this when I can. I feel most of that you want to change and you understand this lifestyle is not healthy for your body and that really is the biggest step, for so long I have ignored all the extra weight on my body but i want to be fit healthy and free from the limitations foods high in carbs and sugar cause. Not to mention the effects on our physiology and mental state etc, I feel so much more clear headed not eating junk. Drinking lots of water also helps fight the hunger.

You can do it! It's about finding what works best for you, speak to your doctor, research diets that suit your preferences, mould them around your lifestyle and likes/dislikes and they will be the easiest for you to stick too. Make those healthy changes, even if it's cutting one thing out at a time, or starting by making healthy breakfast and lunches so you can get into a natural routine.

Eventually I would love to eat plant based foods, as it does say in the bible that God intends for us to only eat food from plants etc rather than butchered meat, and this has helped me to stay strong too, but I must admit, chicken and salmon I love and I find it hard to eat fruit/veg. I always dodged them growing up. Fruit I now enjoy and much prefer to eat a bowl of fresh sweet strawberrys than a bag of minstrels lol and veg, I can eat with meat but I hope I will grow to enjoy vegatables too and be able to have a diet of plants fruit veg nuts etc. In a world of instant gratification I realise that it is true that slow and steady wins the race :)

I wish you all the support and success in the world! You can do it girl!

Feel free to pm me if you wanna ask anything. Good luck!