View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 05:12 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedy123
AriesIntrovert, doesn't practicing extreme generosity for the sake of having a good next life defeat the entire purpose of the generosity, which should be done without any expectation of reward later on?

I think this is a noble goal, we should all live as Jesus did, with 100% complete love guiding every action towards every person we interact with for no purpose other than being love is its own reward. However, until we reach enlightenment in our lifetimes this is... a daunting goal if not an impossible one.

I don't know if we have to be selfless in giving in order to reap any rewards later, my logically brain tells me we don't based on the fact that the only true way to really have that occur is to not know about karma and past lives (so you would never think about that there could be a reward for them), but reincarnation is not a new concept, definitely not in some ancient or current cultures...

Then again, could it be the Law of Attraction principles there, that the soul expects a reward and expects it so completely, without any waivering of belief, that it occurs?

There are a lot of possibilities here. I am not sure how it all works, but I do know my own past life story and the hardship and grief I inflicted on others have been inflicted on me and the handouts I gave to others have been given to me... whether that past life knew about reincarnation and planned those occurrences, I don't know, but it wasn't sainthood that caused past life me to give handouts to others that is for sure. ;) ;)