View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Neville

Could I ask, and please forgive my ignorance, If knowing one's death date might be seen as an advantage or disadvantage.

The allotted time in this life is what it is surely, whether we know the exact length or not.

Knowing how much time we have to live may in fact prevent us living life to the full. Living life not knowing whether this day is the last day or not enables us to extract more of the experience of what it is to live as opposed to e.g I have got between now and the 23 June 2037 to live.

The "Oh I am 37 now which gives me on average another 40 years or so " attitude does not account for the unexpected ,

I suppose ultimately , the message I am all too weakly attempting to convey is live your life now, this moment, wring every last drop out of it in your mind and heart . Your body if age and frailty permits. Dive in. Life is for the living of. In my opinion.

If you have lived your life to the fullest in your estimation. 2 hours, 2seconds, 2 Decades A fortnight or 2 years will not make any difference to you,

Knowing your date of leaving might actually place a restriction that you could do without on you.