View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Knower

Trying to navigate all the cultural differences

How do we do it and how big are the differences? I've been thinking it's very interesting before sc and I met we were in a sense enemies. He had a business that catered to a certain community while my mentor was a known enemy of that group. Due to very opposite upbringing there are things to him that are as natural as breathing but I would be horrified to show an open acceptance of that side of myself. Like being part of a certain group. He is out an open to me it's at best a secret guilty pleasure and yet funny thing is we've both done a significant amt of work for that group but from opposite angles. He's all out an open free spirit while I'm one on the inside but on the outside I'm all about presenting what I believe is prim and proper according to the standards of where I came from. Makes me wonder what's the best way to deal with all that? Yet despite the differences I can feel it very strongly that at core we are alike. I don't feel this with anyone else who shares similarities with me and despite that he denies it to my face our friends tell me that he's always acted very differently when my name gets in the mix.