View Single Post
Old 25-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Interesting and you should give him a chance but you do position yourself as a little incompatible.

You have to develop some of that elbow mentality. Our pubs are like that during busy times. Particularly men for some reason drink at the bar itself (these bloody places provide stools just for that) which makes queuing and getting served a pain. Music gigs are the worst when the opening band ends and absolutely everyone wants refreshment!

Small talk. Depends on his tone of voice. Perhaps he hoped to lighten her day. As you describe it she was probably run off her feet. You don't know, perhaps she actually appreciated that he'd noticed her. The neurology behind facial interpretation is interesting - perhaps even to the extent that non-verbally, he did display a certain empathy.

A difference in styles. You don't seem willing to allow him to be just himself in transient interactions with others. You want it your way. There's nothing wrong with that so it isn't a criticism, just points to a basic incompatibility. It's your second date and he cannot know exactly your views on everything. For him, he doesn't seem exactly open to find out.

It's going to take patience but I'd suggest keeping your expectations fairly low. If they're high, he might unwittingly take them as demands and probably ignore them, going on oblivious. Then again he could be a pretty deep person but it'll take time to penetrate his naturally guarded masculine shell.

Proceed with caution!!

No he doesn’t have to be the way I want. I am just realising we are not compatible.

Can you please read the next post I written after that previous one, about other things that happened on that date. Thanks.