View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Not sure I should answer this because not sure I can without offending every man that reads it...
I'm really not trying to man- bash but in my experience, no, because men always want the sexual aspect, and when they realize they aren't going to get it, they get angry and leave. Some even try to say they want friendship and that's ok, still the saga always ends the same.
At this age (old), I would rather my relationships start with friendship, but I don't meet men who are willing to do that. So you either have to jump into bed with them right away, or they are gone. It's an all or nothing situation.
Well, my response might just be as offensive.

There's an ultimate reason behind Nature providing two genders - it happens throughout most organic species be they the birds and the bees, flowers, people.

Most women do themselves up to "be attractive" with all kinds of devices from false hair colours and styles, cosmetics, body-shaping garments (which include heels to assist one presenting a nice bum).

So they attract. In the Natural order, they attract men and Nature's ultimate aim is to propagate the species giving a nice statistical spread to enhance the species chance of survival.

For good administrative reasons, consensus codifies this into longer relationships. One night stands exist rather as an aberration. Likewise Victorians didn't talk about prostitution even through they knew it existed. The aim is to create a family for which originally various parental roles were established. Anything outside marriage was frowned upon.

Religions turned sex into a taboo. And this is why its raison d'etre is still so poorly understood. In an age like now when we need education and understanding, censorship and taboo is the last thing we want.

So what seems to have happened is people now wrap this simple and natural act in all manner of spiritual claptrap - because their yearnings don't match what they're allowed to do.

With such understanding it's perfectly possible for males and females just to be friends because they have a measure of their emotions and social expectation.

As I see it. I accept that twin flaming might exist between people who genuinely follow that particular religion (because it is a religion, like it or not, with "the universe" being its god). But for most girl-meets-boy encounters, spirituality is not needed because it's inherent in Nature anyway.

It's a bit like the current "sex scandals". If women really don't want to attract men sexually a good start would be to stop making themselves up to be sexually attractive. In Chairman Mao's day, both genders wore the same dun fatigues most of the time, no cosmetics.

Such are my views and I hope I'm right because I have a few male just-friends! (Even if I don't wear dun fatigues.) I work with men from time to time.
There's flirting, sure, but it's part of the repartee, not wishful thinking.