View Single Post
Old 17-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Yes Gem, that is/seems to be the general consensus in which the independently existing separate self-identity is regarded to be an illusion, a mere dream.
It seems awareness that is trapped in the dualistic absorption is like awareness that has been hypnotized by appearances and gone asleep, and we take this unconscious day-awareness-sleep-state so for granted that we think the me/I exists and the external to me/I exists independently.
In dual absorption we only seem to see form, ignoring the space/emptiness dimension/aspect of reality.
Got that.

But here is where it gets sketchy:
Yet - when we do awake to the dimension beyond linear time and space, this awakening can take many forms and I assume this is due to our souls conditioning (lives present and past).
The Energy of Pure Consciousness or the Source Essence or the “Grace” that comes upon us (if we experience the energy coming from “above”) can be “seen” as the Thunderbird Force Field or the Holy Ghost, (or Shiva????), depending within which tradition we wake up in.
This Immense Energy or Power rather that “descends down” or engulfs/consumes us, makes us EMPTY vehicles of that Power, - that seems to be the same in all traditions, yet the service is done in somewhat different ways also depending on our tradition or souls conditioning.

Perhaps one could call non-duality as “Actuality”, but within that actuality there are many “Realities”, and I would call those as different “Dreamings of “Actuality”.
Besides, it seems to me that one can wake up in different “dreaming (as reality) positions” within that Nondual spectrum.

I don't think the direct contact with IT can take a form... and as far as I can tell, it never experiences anything of the universe, but it's the strangest of things in that nothing can be known about it other that it being my true nature, our true nature. Hence I find it superflous to discuss Christ, Shiva or Guru figures, but of course we produce knowledge in ways it can be understood within different cultural contexts. I mean 'the big bang' story is only one cosmology among many, and different cultures have different 'dreamtime stories' that give reason to, and take meaning from, the universe. Apart from the Western scientific cosmology, these dreamings typically determine law based in nature, the ways of nature, which is a sort of moral law... an understanding of virtue so to speak.