View Single Post
Old 27-03-2019, 10:14 AM
Experiencer

The Walnut of HINDUISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

There isn't a one size fits all "Hindu nut" to be able to fit inside the standard "nutshell".

Two years ago, I suffered from a total nervous breakdown after witnessing a stabbing and wound up in a psych ward for 2 months getting "deprogrammed from a violent society" (now I don't care if people kill each other, I will eat popcorn sitting and cheering from the sidelines).

While I was in the "nuthouse", I was visited by a Christian Minister from the Pentecostal Church....I tried that once, but attributed "speaking in tongues" to a phenonenon called glossolalia induced by auto hypnosis.

I was quick to tell the priest that while I believed in God, I was not of his Faith...to wit and which he replied "we accomodate ALL Faiths here....if you like, I can arrange for a Rabbi or an Imam, or even a Buddhist priest to visit you instead of myself...God is all one anyway".

I became slightly chuffed and said " I am Hindu...can you please arrange for a Hindu priest to come visit me?" then, the Christian priest said "I am very sorry, but there are just so many schools of doctrine and philosophy that we just "don't do" Hinduism. It is much easier for us to exclude Hinduism, than it is to offend a Hindu".

This is the general attitude of the West towards Hinduism...and I don't really blame them...not one iota.

So, I look at what links each school of Hindu philosophy together...all SIX schools of Hindu philosophy and there is nothing...absolutely nothing!

Some may say it is the Vedas, so why aren't we worshipping the Devas like Indra, Surya, Agni etc? Why say "my God is higher than a Demi God?" when compared to Brahman, even the CONCEPT of Krishna, Shiva, Durga etc are all STILL Demigods/Demiurges?

So then, I go AHA, it is Brahman...a formless nothing composed of nothing, imperceptible to nobody...how can a priest speak of that beyond parroting the Mahavakyas from the Upanishads? "nobody is stabbing, nobody is getting stabbed, nobody is watching, nobody is in a psych ward and nobody is telling you all this"....if that is the case, why are things happening when nothing is happening? maybe I should go and see a doctor who isn't there to take psych meds which don't exist either to stop me from seeing (hallucinating) acts which are not occurring, perpetuated by non existent people...I can totally see why psych wards don't include Hindu priests on their payroll....Buddhists can get away with it because MINDFULNESS is a big thing now...society has adopted it and there are statues of Buddha EVERYWHERE. Buddhism still has a "figurehead" - Gautama Siddhartha...so if you are a Buddhist, you are cool...if you are a Hindu, people look at you like you just arrived from outer space.

It is difficult to place Hinduism under an umbrella...fit it all neatly into a "nutshell". I still do things like ancestor worship, worshiping physically inanimate objects as aspects of divinity, feeding birds, fish etc ritualistically...there are a lot of practices that have now gone by the wayside...and in the process of "following Dharma" it's like "I'll take whatever applies to me and my ego, but leave the rest for more devout Hindus to follow".

Aum Namah Shivaya

Let us fit The six so called schools of orthodox Indian Hindu philosophy—Nyaya, Vaisheshika, Samkhya, Yoga, Mīmāṃsā and Vedanta, into a Scientific Hindu NUT.

Until the advent of Nuclear Era, Hindus were unable to understand Purans that describe the scientifically valid origins of life , matter and universe, God and spirituality etc. The learned Pundits who received patronage from Royals had to debate and explain all these in a literary language. So their explanation differed. Without providing any evidence or example their rhetoric was just a Bla Bla Bla... that confused Hindus.

But this Sat Darshan or Shell has been busted and has no relevance now. Now WE know the Fundamental Principle of Hinduism ( Truth and Reincarnation ) that is real meat of the walnut.

Like Shivani I too was destined to witness a cold blooded murder on a deserted street. However Nature staggered this Karmic event of mine into three different places and time line. While I saw the event taking place in a crowded Place in 2007 at Puri , I faced Police Investigation in 1989 at Delhi and saw the pool of blood in 1979 at Assam. The Karma passed without causing any harm.

Thus I was benefited by the Scientific Knowledge of Hinduism.