View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Master
That's a tough one. I suffered from anxiety for years so I understand the question. Apart from medically dealing with and healing the anxiety, I suppose my next comment would be: What is so bad or scary about beautiful life and this amazing world, that one would ever feel impending doom? That's a healing question for the broken soul to consider and contemplate.

Past that, one can look at specific life situations and see it may be possible to get a sense of when intuitive feelings are real, and when they are a result of anxiety issues.

There are very real situations in life that one intuitively senses they should stop to examine and consider, to make sure it's right for them. For example, whether or not to marry someone you're having second thoughts about (the answer is definitely NO! :). Or renting an apartment, or buying a car. There is a very real intuitive and contemplative element here, because the decision will have a very real affect on one's future.

Feelings of impending doom about a hotel room, are not the same thing. That to me qualifies as a baseless, arbitrary, in-the-moment fear-projection. There is no real life basis or history regarding the specific situation that would rationally explain why one would and should stop to reconsider.