View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 04:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hi SaturninePluto

I have some experience with dowsing so maybe I can help answer your questions.

Your first question. If you're dowsing outside, etc I'm assuming you're looking for something like ley lines, water, minerals, etc. I dowsed for ley lines but I used rods for that purpose. For finding water and minerals my cousin uses a large thick branch to locate them.

2) When I use pendulums, it's because I have questions. I don't use them for anything else. I read you need charts for pendulums if you're using them to locate objects.

3) Dowsing works best when you're not fearful as that tends to block the energy flow in your body which is used for dowsing. I haven't had any scary situations with dowsing. The only bad part I experience is when my pendulums sulk from not being used.

4) When I was a kid, I played with a necklace and a pendant. I'd undo the clasp so the chain was a single strand and the pendant would hang on one end of the chain so it wouldn't slide off and presto! A homemade pendulum. I'd hold the chain and think of circles, back and forth movements and even stop. At the time, I didn't know about dowsing but had fun making it move as directed by my thoughts.

Now that I'm much older, I use crystal pendulums even though I have glass ornaments that can be used as pendulums. The difference is, crystals have a higher accuracy rate compared to glass. I also have a Swarvski crystal tear drop ornament that I've used as a pendulum. It's accuracy rate is way too high for my liking. That crystal was far too picky on the words I used in my questions. I had to deal with semantics on that one, lol.

The happy medium are the crystal ones as they're not really picky about the words I use and I get a pretty good accuracy rate from them.

Before each session, I calibrate a pendulum with the following statetments:
please show me yes, please show me no, please show me maybe, please show me to rephrase my question. After that, I then ask, "Is this a good time to dowse?" If the answer is no, here's where a pendulum might be picky about words then I'd rephrase the question to, "Is this better than a good time to dowse?" If the answer is yes, that should alert you to be aware of the words you use. If the answer is no, more questions might help you figure out why. When I finish a session, I thank the pendulum.

Your pendulum looks like it's used for finding things and I haven't tried that type of a pendulum.

I hope that helped and have fun while you dowse.

Chrysalis

Hi Chrysalis. Thank you for responding.

Yes I am interested in using the dowsing pendulum out of doors, but am uncertain if it is capable of locating things in the context of which I am looking. First being water. I was hoping the pendulum could be used to locate water. Second, minerals, but I was wondering if there was a way to use it for pocket change, missing items, etc. I tried setting some directional swings, I think I am confused a bit here, as the directional swing answers I have been getting seem off. The pendulum has indicated yes a couple times with a movement not listed on the sites or anywhere that the pendulum is even supposed to use. Perhaps I am interpreting the swings wrong. I have experimented with it a bit already, the only way to explain what is going on is simply to type it up as I have written it, as I have been taking notes while working with it.

First thing I noticed, was the pendulum was only using a circular motion for me with water. I was elated! I tried it over and over with water. I first noticed it made a circular motion, and attempted to figure out what it may have picked up on, and after looking at my surroundings, noticed it was above a garden waterer filled with water I use in my garden. So I started to experiment a bit. I held the pendulum near a glass bottle I have which contains water and crushed sea shells. Circular motion, a glass bottle full of rose water, circular motions, I put the garden water in the closet- get near the closet circular, rose water stored it in an ottoman, above the ottoman a circular motion, put the sea shell water in a drawer, next to drawer circular motion. Success!! I was elated. Then I moved on to an electronic card with a magnet- to see if it picked up on that at all. Nothing. So I thought, well it works with water at least. Tried the water again, and a few more times after no success. Later I tried again.. swung for the water. My original direction swings were-- No- Slight circle swing, Yes- slight stand still. I tried to re-program the directional swings again, and the results changed to No- Horizontal movement. Yes- Stands still and begins to vibrate.

When asking it to give me a movement for yes- it is standing still with slight movement I guess alterations would you call it?

Perhaps I should try again at a later time, and this time wait for the pendulum to actually swing in the directions most tell you a pendulum will swing in. Perhaps I was not waiting long enough. Yes I had intended to use it for locating things. I will have to look into some examples of charts.

If you do not mind me asking, how does your cousin use the branch to locate water and minerals?

Thank you for your response and the help, I will keep trying, and also try to be more patient.